Tech editing services for your lovely knitted designs.
I am accepting new tech editing clients, and can’t wait to meet designers! You will find me quick to communicate with you, as much as you need, and get your pattern back to you within a week, so you can get on with what you need to do.
Currently I offer tech editing for accessories like hats, mittens, scarves, shawls, blankets, socks, etc…, and seamless garments, for both children and adults.
To fully edit your pattern, I would be checking:
- All necessary components of a pattern are there and are correct.
- The pattern matches the sample photo, if there is one, and that the photo gives a clear picture of the design.
- Proofreading for any spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors, or typos.
- Clarity in the instructions.
- Consistency with style, with or without a style sheet.
- All the math in the pattern is correct, such as sizing, gauge, instructions, and stitch counts, etc…
- Check instructions against any included charts or schematics to be sure they match.
I also offer a simpler edit where I don’t check any math or charts or stitch counts, for a lower rate. For example, if you know your charts are right, and that your math all works out fine, then you can ask me to simply check it for style and format and grammar.
If you would like me to create a style sheet for you, my fee is $20 an hour, and I will work closely with you to make sure your uniqueness shines through and that the style sheet represents you in the way you want.
Upon receiving your pattern, as a PDF (or I can change a Word document to a PDF if needed), I will send you an estimate of my time and rate. To give you some ballpark guidelines:
- Most simple accessories, without any charts or long instructions, could cost $20-$40.
- More complex accessories, like most shawls, or hats or socks with cables or charts and multiple sizes, could cost $40-$60.
- With garments, I am currently editing seamless sweaters, and other simple garments. Those can also vary based on how much instruction, stitch counts, and charts are involved, and can be anywhere from $40-$100.
I will send you a clear estimate as soon as I look at your pattern, and will not go over that price. If it ends up taking less time, then the cost will be less. If you accept my estimate, then I will get to work, and am always available by email for us to communicate throughout the process.
Let me know what you need, if you have specific concerns or questions. You can let me know anything you want me to check, or not check, and I will edit and get it back to you within one week. After I send you the edit, please let me know you have received it, and accepted it. I will send an invoice through Paypal once you have accepted my initial edit of your pattern.
I am happy to double check it after you’ve received the edited pattern, and made any changes, before it goes to publish, and that is included. Only if big changes were added after the initial edit, like more sizes, or drastically changed instructions, or additional charts, etc…, would there be additional cost.
You can contact me here, and we can get started!